Idaho Commission for LibrariesAddress: 325 W State St., Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 334-2150 | In-State Toll Free: (800) 458-3271
Printed from the Idaho Commission for Libraries website: http://libraries.idaho.gov
Idaho Library Snapshot Day 2014
Welcome to the Idaho Library Snapshot Day 2014 page!
In April 2014, during National Library Week, Idaho libraries from around the state will track their activities with stats and photos, creating a snapshot of a day in the life of Idaho libraries and capturing the impact they have on their communities.
(See Idaho Snapshot Day 2013 results here.)
Idaho Snapshot Day 2014
Choose any day during National Library Week -- Sunday April 13 to Saturday April 19, 2014.
Idaho Library Snapshot Day is designed to capture the impact that Idaho libraries have on their communities on a typical day. Snapshot Day is also a great time to collect library user comments and take photos for your website or other promotional materials.
Idaho libraries--public, school, academic, and special--document their activities for one day and then enter the results on the online survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/IdahoSnapshot2014. The information will be compiled on an online Results page on the Idaho Commission for Libraries website and the Idaho Library Association website.
- Select a day during the week of April 13-19 to participate.
- Let your staff know you are participating in Library Snapshot Day.
- Print the Printable Survey Form. Review it with your staff and keep copies at all of your service desks.
- Download any of the other Customizable Tools below that will be useful for your library (Photo Release Form, Library User Comment Forms, etc.)
- Watch for reminder emails/updates on LibIdaho.
- Participate on whichever date you’ve selected between April 13-19.
- Submit your statistics on the online survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/IdahoSnapshot2014 by Thursday, April 24, 2014.
- Submit any photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, April 24, 2014. Photo size should be about 1 MB to 3 MB.
- Watch for a link (on LibIdaho) to the “Results” page after April 30.
(adapted from tools shared by the American Library Associations and libraries that have previously held Library Snapshot Days)
- Photo Release Form
- Library User Comment Form
- Sign about taking photos at the library
- Tip Sheet for Using Your Survey Results
- Printable Survey Form
Teresa Lipus (ICfL) at email@example.com
Sarah North (College of Western Idaho) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rebekah Hosman (Grangeville Centennial Public Library)