Idaho Commission for LibrariesAddress: 325 W State St., Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 334-2150 | In-State Toll Free: (800) 458-3271
Printed from the Idaho Commission for Libraries website: http://libraries.idaho.gov
Idaho Library Snapshot Day 2015
Welcome to the Idaho Library Snapshot Day 2015 page!
Snapshot Day showcases the valuable services Idaho’s libraries provide to patrons and students. Show your stakeholders what the library does!
In April 2015, during National Library Week, Idaho libraries from around the state will track their activities with statistics and photos, creating a snapshot of a day in the life of Idaho libraries and capturing the impact they have on their communities.
How to participate in Idaho Snapshot Day 2015
Choose any day during National Library Week -- Sunday April 12 to Saturday April 18, 2015.
Idaho Library Snapshot Day is designed to capture the impact that Idaho libraries have on their communities on a typical day. Snapshot Day is also a great time to collect library user comments and take photos for your website or other promotional materials.
Idaho libraries--public, school, academic, and special--document their activities for one day and then enter the results on the online survey. The information will be compiled on an online Results page on the Idaho Commission for Libraries website and the Idaho Library Association website.
- Select a day during the week of April 12-18 to participate.
- Let your staff know you are participating in Library Snapshot Day.
- Print the Printable Survey Form. Review it with your staff and keep copies at all of your service desks.
- Download any of the other Customizable Tools below that will be useful for your library (Photo Release Form, Library User Comment Forms, etc.)
- Watch for reminder emails/updates on LibIdaho.
- Participate on whichever date you’ve selected between April 12-18.
- Submit your statistics on the online survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/IdahoSnapshot2015 by Thursday, April 23, 2015.
- Submit any photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, April 23, 2015. Photo size should be about 1 MB to 3 MB.
- Watch for a link (on LibIdaho) to the “Results” page after April 30.
(adapted from tools shared by the American Library Associations and libraries that have previously held Library Snapshot Days)
- Photo Release Form
- Library User Comment Form
- Sign about taking photos at the library
- Tip Sheet for Using Your Survey Results
- Printable Survey Form
Teresa Lipus (ICfL) at email@example.com
Sarah North (College of Western Idaho) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about Library Snapshot Day on the American Library Association's website at http://www.ala.org/advocacy/advleg/statelocalefforts/snapshotday.