Idaho Commission for LibrariesAddress: 325 W State St., Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 334-2150 | In-State Toll Free: (800) 458-3271
Printed from the Idaho Commission for Libraries website: http://libraries.idaho.gov
Idaho Library Snapshot Day 2013
Welcome to the Idaho Library Snapshot Day 2013 page!
PDF of complete results
30 libraries sent in their statistics
- 24 public libraries
- 3 school libraries
- 2 academic libraries
- 1 special library
In one day in Idaho’s libraries
- 16,566 people visited the library
- 36,040 items were circulated
- 2,301 reference questions were answered
- 52 job seekers were helped (résumé, job search, etc.)
- 288 students were helped (homework)
- 2,364 people used the public access computer (Internet/word processing/games, etc.)
- 551 people used the Internet with their own devices
- 222 volunteer hours were given at a library
- 107 people were taught computer/device/Internet skills
- 171 library cards were issued
Programs and activities
- 1,459 people attended programs
- 80 people attended computer/technology classes
- 61 people attended other classes (homework/tutoring, ESL, etc.)
- 43 students made class visits to the library
- 50 people got tours of their library
- 439 people learned about the library in outreach visits to schools or other agencies
- 303 people in community groups used meeting rooms
- Excellent! We love our library. You guys rocked!
- Provides a fantastic environment for my school age children to study and use resources.
- Awesome customer service. Thx AMAZING! You are doing great! Thank you.
- Without the library, I have no access to books, newspapers, internet, or research resources.
- This library is great! It is an asset to our community.
- The staff is helpful, efficient, kind & knowledgeable, I love my librarians. They are the best!
- Thank you for the hours and the internet access.
- The library is my connection with the outside world!
- The reference librarians rock!.
- Love the environment. Like having a place to chill.
Statistics submitted by:
- Benewah County District Library, Tensed DeSmet and Tri-Community branches
- Boise Public Library!
- Brown Mackie College
- Buhl Public Library
- Cascade Public Library
- Centennial High School Library
- Coeur d'Alene Public Library
- Eagle Public Library
- East Bonner County Library District
- Grangeville Centennial Library
- Grangeville Elementary and Middle School
- Grangeville High School
- Hailey Public Library
- Horseshoe Bend Library
- Idaho Talking Book Service (Idaho Commission for Libraries)
- Kimberly Public Library
- Leadore Community Library
- Lizard Butte Library
- Marshall Public Library
- Meridian Library District
- Mountain Home Public Library
- Nampa Public Library
- North Bingham County District Library
- Payette Public Library
- Pierce Free Public
- Portneuf District Library
- Salmon Public Library
- University of Idaho Library
- Weippe Public Library
Idaho Snapshot Day 2013 is Tuesday, April 16.
Idaho Library Snapshot Day is designed to capture the impact that Idaho libraries have on their communities on a typical day. Snapshot Day is also a great time to collect library user comments and take photos for your website or other promotional materials.
Idaho libraries--public, school, academic, and special--document their activities for one day and then enter the results on the online survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/IdahoSnapshot. The information will be compiled on an online Results page on the Idaho Commission for Libraries website and the Idaho Library Association website.
- Let your staff know you are participating in Library Snapshot Day, which will be held the week of April 14-20, 2013.
- Print the Printable Survey Form. Review it with your staff and keep copies at all of your service desks. Download any of the other Customizable Tools below that will be useful for your library (Library User Comment Forms, Photo Release Form, etc.)
- Watch for reminder emails/updates on LibIdaho.
- Participate on April 16, 2013 (or whichever date you’ve selected between April 14 – April 20).
- Submit your statistics on the online survey and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, April 24, 2013. Photo size should be about 1 MB to 10 MB.
- Watch for a link (on LibIdaho) to the “Results” page after April 30.
(adapted from tools shared by the American Library Associations and libraries that have previously held Library Snapshot Days)
- Library User Comment Form
- Photo Release Form
- Sign about taking photos at the library
- Tip Sheet for Using Your Survey Results
- Printable Survey Form