Idaho Commission for LibrariesAddress: 325 W State St., Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 334-2150 | In-State Toll Free: (800) 458-3271
Printed from the Idaho Commission for Libraries website: http://libraries.idaho.gov
LiLI-D Implementing the Recommendations
Earlier this year, we shared the Final Report with results and recommendations from A Study of the Libraries Linking Idaho (LiLI) Databases. The report identified 15 recommendations for the service, some of which were already in progress at the time, some were ideas we were waiting or wanting to implement, and others were great new ideas that we were excited to pursue further. Below is an outline of some of the activities that are already in progress in some form in the 4 categories of the study's recommendations.
Success Factors and Challenges
- ICfL has implemented use of some social networking tools to include more conversation about changes, plans, user tips, etc. regarding all LiLI programs and services. We now have a Facebook Page, an @LiLIorg Twitter account, and a LiLIorg Channel on YouTube to share videos about the program.
- As in previous years, the ICfL Web Team is inviting feedback and volunteers for testing changes that will take place on www.lili.org with contract changes planned for July.
- In addition to the social networking tools, the ICfL staff will be working to prepare a mobile interface for access to the LiLI Databases. The timing for this may come after July 2011, but it is among our priorities.
- The Idaho library community was clear in sharing a preference for face-to-face training when learning a new tool. Training on the LiLI Databases will take place in early Fall in a variety of locations around the state. Online training, in the form of webinars, may still be used to supplement or reinforce skills; but new products will be introduced in a face-to-face environment.
- ICfL staff have been promoting LiLI services as a part of collaborative projects with the State Department of Education, Professional Technical Education, and the Idaho Department of Labor.
- ICfL staff have been working with Idaho Public Television, who is creating and airing short commercial-length spots that promote lili.org between programming.
These activities are just a part of what ICfL staff are working on in the effort of continuous improvement of the LiLI Databases and the entire LiLI program.
At this time, the Request for Proposal process for awarding contracts for services that make up the LiLI Databases is still in progress. The Commission hopes to have an announcement of contract awards and next steps in the process in about one week.