Idaho Commission for LibrariesAddress: 325 W State St., Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 334-2150 | In-State Toll Free: (800) 458-3271
Printed from the Idaho Commission for Libraries website: http://libraries.idaho.gov
My First Books Applications for 2013-2014 Available Now
My First Books is a Read to Me program that has been successfully implemented since 1997. Formerly titled "Read to Me First Book," this program strengthens partnerships between public libraries and local schools, preschools, Head Start sites, and child care providers. The program is designed to increase "underserved" children's access to quality print materials and strengthen family reading practices at home. To learn more about the My First Books program visit http://libraries.idaho.gov/landing/first-book. Only publicly-funded public libraries in Idaho are eligible to apply.
We are now accepting applications for the 2013-2014 program year.
1) Download and read the Program Requirements and Application Guidelines, and confirm that you are eligible to apply.
2) Download the Public Library Application.
3) Collect data and statistics for the Needs Statement in the application. (See Grant Writing Resources on the Read to Me Resources page.)
4) Distribute Community Partner Information sheets to each site with whom you plan to partner.
5) Work with partners to complete application.
6) Submit 4 copies of application and partner forms to ICfL by April 25, 2013, 5:00 pm MST.
The number of children we can serve next year will depend on funding. Participation in the program in previous years does not preclude you from applying, regardless of how many years the library participated. However, applications will again be ranked according to the number of years the library has participated in the program, and priority will be given to public libraries applying for the first time.
For more information contact Staci Shaw, firstname.lastname@example.org.