Idaho Commission for LibrariesAddress: 325 W State St., Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 334-2150 | In-State Toll Free: (800) 458-3271
Printed from the Idaho Commission for Libraries website: http://libraries.idaho.gov
EveryoneOn: promoting importance of digital literacy
On Thursday, March 21, 2013 (3.21) a three-year national public service campaign promoting the importance of digital literacy skills called EveryoneOn will launch. The EveryoneOn goal is for all Americans to have access to free digital literacy training, online or in-person. The launch will include public service announcements and learning events throughout the country.
Public libraries are key to the success of this effort because of their demonstrated commitment to providing free access to the Internet as well as to improving people’s skills. You can support the EveryoneOn campaign by registering your library as a training center:
- Go to everyoneon.org.
- Click on the triangle under “calling all training centers.” Click on "Get Started" to learn how to upload or edit your library's information. (The State Library of Ohio has also graciously shared their 4-minute video showing how to register your library as part of EveryoneOn at http://youtu.be/VpOcj4CEYao. )
Connect2Compete, the organization leading the campaign efforts, has more information on their website. The following resources and more are available:
- Tool kit: resource portal with localizable materials, background information on the campaign, and additional tips to help you spread the word and engage your local community in bringing EveryoneOn!
- Program brief: Explains more about EveryoneOn and what to expect in the next few months and during the campaign.
- Frequently Asked Question (FAQ): As questions arise, the document will be updated.
- Pre-recorded, online session: 30 minute overview of the campaign and documentation.