Idaho Commission for LibrariesAddress: 325 W State St., Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 334-2150 | In-State Toll Free: (800) 458-3271
Printed from the Idaho Commission for Libraries website: http://libraries.idaho.gov
Register for College and Career Ready Summit-August 16-17
Idaho Commission for Libraries is hosting a "College and Career Ready Summit: Moving Idaho Forward" August 16–17, 2012, at the Riverside Hotel in Boise. The purpose of this summit is to facilitate discussion and next-steps planning with other community partners to address the student dropout rate in Idaho and ensure that more students are prepared with 21st Century information, communication and technology skills. And, as Idaho educators look to online learning, digital literacy and computer/Internet access for students become even more critical.
The Commission is providing travel stipends by reimbursement based on the criteria listed on this PDF.
Presenters include Garry Golden, Selena Grace, and Brent D. Reinke.
- Garry Golden is a professionally trained Futurist who speaks and consults on issues shaping society and business in the 21st century. Golden has consulted on a wide range of projects related to the future of infrastructure for energy and transportation, education/learning, emerging markets, social technologies and the implications of demographic transitions.
- Selena Grace, Chief Academic Officer at the Office of the State Board of Education, will be presenting information from the new Complete College Idaho Plan.
- Idaho Department of Correction Director Brent D. Reinke and representatives from Idaho State University and the Gear Up program are featured panel members.
Please join us and discover how your library can get involved; learn about available online resources; establish connections among libraries and community partners to work on college and career readiness challenges; and create action steps for building healthy, inclusive communities. Registration deadline is July 27, 2012.
- Where: Riverside Hotel, Boise, Idaho
- When: August 16-- 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (MDT)
August 17-- 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (MDT)
- For registration and agenda: Click here
- For travel reimbursement information: Click here
- Registration deadline: July 27, 2012
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Stephanie Bailey-White at Stephanie.Bailey-White@libraries.idaho.gov.