Idaho Commission for LibrariesAddress: 325 W State St., Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 334-2150 | In-State Toll Free: (800) 458-3271
Printed from the Idaho Commission for Libraries website: http://libraries.idaho.gov
Fun with Math & Science Family Workshops
Fun with Math & Science is a Read to Me program offered to Idaho public libraries. This STEAM program is targeted to preschool-aged children and their caregivers. An application process is used for participation. Applications are generally accepted in late Spring for workshops to be held anytime between September and May.
- First Year Libraries
If you are a first time applicant to this program you are required to host at least two workshops during the year-long project. If your library is accepted to participate you will receive materials and resources to support your workshops.
These may include:
- Tri-fold display and custom graphics
- Hardcover non-fiction books
- STEAM Materials and Kits
- The Everything Kids' Science Experiments Book - give away copies for all families in attendance
- Promotional materials
- Returning Libraries
- Returning libraries are required to host only one additional workshop this year and need to reapply each year. As a returning library you will receive additional STEAM materials and kits to support your programs.
- Resources for Library Workshops
- Online Summary Report - please complete 2 weeks after your last workshop
- Parent Survey-English Spanish Please forward completed surveys to ICfL within two weeks of workshop.
- Program Overview
- Handout of Recommended Websites
- PowerPoint: for use in your library
- Sample Flyer
- September 2015 Webinar - Archived Recording
- Webinar Powerpoint
- Feedback Compiled from 2014 Surveys
- Resources for Tools and Materials Provided
- Summary Report - Survey Monkey
- Parent Survey-English Spanish
- Sample Flyer
- 2013-2014 Fun with Math and Science Summary Report Compiled
- Fun with Math and Science Overview
Fun with Math and Science Resources
- Lewiston City Library Lesson Plans and More!
- North Bingham STEM Activities Boise Public Library - Hillcrest: Activities and Examples from 2013-2104
- Scientific Method Handout
- Science Lab Station Posters
- Science Fair Certificate
- Science Fair Poster
- Science Fair PSA
- Activity Examples - Magnets
- Parent's Meeting Poster
- Parent's Meeting PSA
The application process ended June 30, 2016 for the 2016-2017 FUN WITH MATH AND SCIENCE program.
This program is limited to public libraries in Idaho
Online Gameboard for Parents and Kids
Parents can explore fun and educational sites with their child using the Fun with Math and Science Gameboard we created. Every click of the mouse takes them to a different science experiment, math game, puzzle, and more. We have gathered together some of the best kid sites on the web and made a fun game out of exploring them all.