Idaho Commission for LibrariesAddress: 325 W State St., Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 334-2150 | In-State Toll Free: (800) 458-3271
Printed from the Idaho Commission for Libraries website: http://libraries.idaho.gov
Make It/Take It Kits - Making on the Move!
What is a Make It, Take It Kit, you may ask?
Make It, Take It Kits highlight maker activities and Do It Yourself (DIY) type projects. Each kit will have a theme and will combine traditional library resources (books, DVDs, magazines) with online resources (websites, youtube tutorials, digital content) and physical objects. The kit should encompass the materials and information needed to learn a new skill. The first kits to be introduced in January 2014 include:
The Meridian District Library staff created the first ever Make It/Take It kits to circulate with patrons. They have graciously allowed us to share their kits, ideas, and lessons learned.
- Start Here! Megan Egbert created a document to help you get started on creating your very own kits.
- Look here to see all the kits available at Meridian District Library.
- Kit Ideas - Here is a list of possible kits to get you thinking!
- Labels for your kits! Latch, Front, and Content area labels available.
- Need QR Codes? Here they are!
Try Something New Kits from Bear Lake County District Library
Bear Lake has created their own version of the Make It/Take It Kits and they report they are flying off the shelves.
There are 40 kits you can view here.