Idaho Commission for LibrariesAddress: 325 W State St., Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 334-2150 | In-State Toll Free: (800) 458-3271
Printed from the Idaho Commission for Libraries website: http://libraries.idaho.gov
El dia de los ninos
El día de los niños/El día de los libros (Children's Day/Book Day), known as Día, is a celebration of children, families, and reading that culminates every year on April 30. The celebration emphasizes the importance of literacy and reading fun for children of all linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
Día events support literacy and bridge cultures through bilingual storytimes, family literacy fairs, community events, and other programs that encourage family reading and increased understanding of other cultures. Idaho public and school libraries are encouraged to work with at least one local partner to host a Día event and work to reach out to families who might not be library users. Libraries that host events and complete a Día application by April 4, 2017 will receive books for participating families.
Other Día Resources:
- National Día website hosted by ALA and ALSC.
- National Latino Children’s Institute
- Colorin Colorado - provides resources for parents and teachers of English Language Learners.
- Texas Library Association: Día Celebration Toolkit and Resources for Teachers and Librarians
- REFORMA - the national association to promote library and information services to Latinos and the Spanish speaking community
- Día Toolkit from Random House
- Reading is Fundamental – Hispanic Book Collection Resource Guide
- Texas State Library and Archives Commission - Bilingual Library Programs for Children and Families