Idaho Commission for LibrariesAddress: 325 W State St., Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 334-2150 | In-State Toll Free: (800) 458-3271
Printed from the Idaho Commission for Libraries website: http://libraries.idaho.gov
Public Library Directors' Summit
2017 Public Library Directors' Summit - March 2 and 3, 2017
The 2017 Public Library Directors' Summit, held on March 2 and 3 at the Red Lion Downtowner in Boise, was another successeful event. Fifty public library directors came together for two days to network, explore library trends, and look to the future. The directors discussed policy issues that specifically impact public libraries, as well as expanded their Community of Practice. Below are the archives from this session.
- Ann Joslin - Welcome
- Miguel Figueroa: Thinking About the Future and worksheet Connecting Trends
- Chris Cooper, Nampa Public Library: Step-Up to Stand-Out
- Strategic Priorities Brainstorming
- Phil Eastman will be sending each participant a link to a dropbox with access to Leadership-Driven Strategic Planning materials.
Trustee Connections: Agenda and Registration
Draft - 2016 Strategic Priorities for Idaho Public Libraries (updated 2016/09/08)
Community of Practice: https://www.facebook.com/groups/publiclibrarydirectors/
A closed Facebook group has been created for Idaho Public Library Directors. This is your community, please use it to share, ask questions, network, and support each other as you move in your journey to create and innovate within your community.
Archives: 2016 Public Library Directors’ Summit
The following items are artifacts from the event, along with resources for public library directors.
- Summary Report
- Evaluation Report
- Ranking of Strategic Priorities (participants)
- Broadband Access in Public Idaho Libraries White Paper
- IFLA Statement on Privacy (International Federation of Library Associations)
- Library Freedom Project
- Rising to the Challenge - Re-envisioning Public Libraries - Aspen Institute
- Action Guide for Rising to the Challenge
- Community Heart & Soul - Orton Foundation
- Idaho Rural Partnership Community Reviews(application, community reviews)
- Fifteen Years of Community Reviews - Powerpoint on the Analysis of the Community Reviews by Josh Hightree, Center for Resilient Communities, University of Idaho