Idaho Commission for LibrariesAddress: 325 W State St., Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 334-2150 | In-State Toll Free: (800) 458-3271
Printed from the Idaho Commission for Libraries website: http://libraries.idaho.gov
The Idaho Commission for Libraries will be hosting four regional workshops for public library trustees and directors called "Trustee Connections."
The purpose of these regional meetings is to bring together trustees and directors for
conversation and leadership development.
- Understanding of the respective roles of trustees and directors
- Awareness of community building strategies.
- Knowledge of strategic planning tools and processes.
- Legal basics, concurrent sessions for city libraries and district libraries – led by the Commission’s public library consultants.
- Leadership, including board and director roles and responsibilities, planning, community engagement and partnerships, and future thinking – led by Phil Eastman with Leadership Advisors in Boise.
- Success stories – attendees will be invited to briefly share a significant accomplishment in establishing the library as a recognized community asset.
Dates and Sites
- August 7 ~ Coeur d'Alene Public Library
- August 9 ~ Middleton Public Library
- August 10 ~ Twin Falls Public Library
- August 11 ~ Madison Library District, Rexburg
The event will start at 9 am and run through 3:30 pm. Lunch will be provided.
Registration is available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/trusteeconnections.