ICfL staff members have had their eyes out for relevant stories, tools, and tricks so you don’t have to. We hope you find these resources useful and inspiring. Enjoy!
- Black History Month
- Low Vision Awareness Month
- American Heart Month
- National Library Lovers Month
- World Read Aloud Day is February 2
- Valentine’s Day is February 14
- Women’s History Month
- National Deaf History Month
- National Nutrition Month
- March 20th is the First Day of Spring
- Jazz Appreciation Month and you can Idaho’s own Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival is a great way to celebrate
- National Poetry Month
- National Arab American Heritage Month
- April 15-21 is Money Smart Week, sign up for free resources and virtual programming
- April 22nd is Earth Day
- Lewiston City Library had folks from their Extension Office give a presentation about houseplant care and propagation
- Twin Falls Public Library has a great program to bring together knitters and crocheters, called A Good Yarn Club
- Nampa Public Library offers one-on-one computer help sessions on a variety of topics
- Free online learning resources for older adults from Learn Idaho
- Great resources to support achieving a variety of goals, like exercise, parenting, personal finance, and relationships – from NPR
- Tips for filing your taxes in Idaho – from Boise State Public Radio and remember, AARP Foundation Tax-Aide provides in-person and remote tax assistance free of charge to anyone, with a special focus on taxpayers who are 50 or older or who have low to moderate income.
- Apply for Community Challenge Grant through AARP – AARP Idaho is inviting local eligible organizations and governments across the state to apply for the 2023 AARP Community Challenge grant program, now through March 15, 2023. Grants fund quick-action projects that help communities become more livable in the long-term by improving public spaces, transportation, housing, civic engagement, coronavirus recovery, diversity and inclusion, and more. Emmett Public Library was awarded a grant in 2022 for an outdoor locker system to extend access 24/7.
- An inspired partnership between a local restaurant and the library to extend service hours in Teton County.