ICfL staff members have had their eyes out for relevant stories, tools, and tricks so you don’t have to. We hope you find these resources useful and inspiring. Enjoy!
Editor’s note: Please join me for the next Adult Services LITT Chat on May 10, 10 a.m MT/ 9 a.m PT.
- African American Music Appreciation Month
- Rainbow Book Month
- Juneteenth is June 19 and Governor Little made it a public holiday in 2021
- June 19 is Father’s Day
- June 14 is Flag Day
- July is National Ice Cream Month
- July 4 is Independence Day
- July 30 is International Day of Friendship from the United Nations
- Let’s Talk About It – The Idaho Commission for Libraries’ Let’s Talk About It program, in partnership with the Idaho Humanities Council’s Connected Conversations program, is excited to launch our spring virtual series featuring authors from three of our newest titles. You can host a live or show the recording at a program after the live chat.
- Techboomers has some great tips! What if you chose a few to show in a program and then help attendees with their tech? Like this one on adding legacy contact information to you iPhone.
- Digital Conversion Stations at libraries in Brisbane, do you have technology that you could be used to support digital conversion?
- New Online Resource Center Helps Protect Veterans Against Fraud
- How to Vote in Idaho’s 2022 Elections
- Ergonomics from NPR’s Life Kit: Stretch and rest! You’re a person, not a product: A lot of people have found they work longer hours at home than the office. If you find yourself aching for a nap, remember, you’re not lazy, you just need rest. And if you’re glued to your computer or your desk for hours on end, it’s probably time to revisit our episode on ergonomics – it will remind you to pay attention to discomfort, and to keep yourself moving throughout the day. Good posture is important for everyone!