Hello Adult Services folks,
ICfL staff have had their eyes out for relevant stories, tools, and tricks so you don’t have to. We hope you find these resources useful and inspiring. Enjoy!
- Face masks and hearing loss tips to help make communication easier
- For a One-of-a-Kind Book Club Experience, Hop on a Kayak – what are other creative ways you can hold a book club discussion at a safe distance?
- Strategies to Deconstruct Media and Encourage Media Literacy -a time to re-think and review how we help our students and families absorb and interact with media
Safe & Healthy Holidays
Safely connecting with friends & family
- CDC offers the following considerations to help protect individuals and their families, friends, and communities from COVID-19
- Free movie screenings online from AARP
- National Library of Medicine Anti-loneliness Programming Ideas
- 7 Ways to Cope with Loneliness While Staying Socially Distanced
- ‘Tis The Season: Coping With SAD, Or Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Thanksgiving In The Time Of COVID-19: To Grandmother’s House Or No?
- Six Simple Ways to Develop an Attitude of Gratitude
- Preface to the book, “Difficult Conversations: The Art and Science of Working Together”
- Living Room Conversations Program is a simple way to connect across divides – politics, age, gender, race, nationality, and more
- Tips for staying mentally healthy from MedlinePlus