About the position
The Idaho Department of Fish and Game is seeking a Buyer to join our Administration Bureau at our Headquarters in Boise. This position’s responsibilities include purchasing supplies, services, material, and equipment for the department; research and perform value analysis on products, services and equipment.
- We offer a competitive benefits package which includes excellent medical, dental and vision insurance. There is generous vacation and sick leave accrual that begins as soon as you start. There are eleven paid holidays in a year; participation in one of the Nation’s best state retirement systems; multiple saving plans and optional 401K; life insurance; wellness programs; ongoing training opportunities and more.
- Determines product, equipment and service requirements
- Determines methods of acquisition
- Prepares specifications, selects vendors and requests written bids/telephone quotes on purchases within delegated authority
- Reviews and evaluates bids, records bid information including vendor price, payment terms, delivery
- Issues awards
- May prepare bid and RFPs that may include value analysis, life cycle costing and weighted value procedures for purchases that are processed through Division of Purchasing
- May review, evaluate and recommend bid award to Division of Purchasing
- Advises users about product and service availability and specification preparation
- Advises users on legal requirements and policies and procedures established for procurement
- Resolves vendor-user conflicts
- May negotiate janitorial, maintenance, or photocopy contracts
- May obtain and issue emergency purchase authorizations
- Product research and value analysis
- Conducts research to identify products or equipment for potential department use
- Requests information about products and services
- May attend trade shows
- Meets with vendors to receive product and service information
- Performs value analysis
- Analyzes quality, price, source of supply, delivery date, shipping charges and final cost
- Performs life-cycle costing including analyzing equipment long-term maintenance and expenses to determine residual value, and related operating expense
Minimum Qualifications: (These qualifications are required.)
- Some knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures
- Some knowledge of life-cycle costing principles
- Experience operating a personal computer
- Experience preparing specifications for bid
- Experience applying value analysis criteria to products and materials purchased
The supplemental questions for this position are an evaluation of your related training and experience. To qualify for this position you must meet the minimum requirements for supplemental questions #1 through #5. Failure to meet any of the required qualifications will disqualify your entire application.
Thank you for applying with the Idaho Department of Fish and Game!