ABLE has been providing library basics for library staff world-wide since 1998. Over 5,000 ABLE Course Completion Certificates have been printed and distributed to individuals in 32 countries.
A recent user commented:
Thank you for such generosity in sharing your knowledge…..I work as a library aide in two schools in Brisbane, Australia. Your courses will be invaluable to me and many others….A big thank you to all the people at the Idaho Commission for Libraries whose thoughtfulness, knowledge and hard work has contributed to this venture.
No registration is required, simply click on the links below and begin learning.
If you access the courses and they didn’t work, try one of more of these tips:
- Enable flash to run
- Turn off pop-up blocker
- Try a different browser
- Clear the cache on your web browser
- Upon completing all three sequences of the ABLE program, any learner may request a program completion certificate from the Idaho Commission for Libraries via this survey. NOTE: Individuals outside of the United States will receive only an electronic copy of their ABLE Course Certificate.
- Click here for a list of states which accept these courses for their continuing education programs.
- For vision impaired learners, you can access the ABLE scripts at http://libraries.idaho.gov/ablescripts
- Questions or comments may be directed to the Idaho Commission for Libraries’ Continuing Education Consultant at (208) 334-2150.
Library Learning Online (LLO) Courses
SABLE has been renamed Library Learning Online. New courses are being added, and learners can still access favorites like the the Youth Services Sequence. This project is funded in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.