Please see the 2018-2019 CE Grant Guide for more details on this grant.
The Leadership Development Activity grant supports a library employee to attend university or college-level leadership development courses or activity provided by Idaho institutions or organizations to build leadership capacity of library staff so they can better serve their communities.
Suggested leadership development activities include:
- Boise State University’s BA in Multidisciplinary Studies Leadership Program
- University of Idaho’s Adult, Organizational Learning and Leadership Program
- College of Western Idaho’s Leadership Courses
- Lewis Clark State College’s Leadership Course
- Local Chamber of Commerce Leadership training
- PNLA Leads
Some important notes about the leadership grants:
- Grant awards are for a a minimum of $250 and a maximum of $1,000.
- Participants are limited to 1 Leadership Development Activity Grant per semester and a maximum of $3,000 lifetime award.
- Grant funds may be used for tuition, registration and course materials.
- Grant funds may be used if travel is required. Allowable travel costs include lodging, airfare or mileage, airport shuttle/parking, airline baggage fees (one bag each way), and public transportation.
- Grant funds may not be used for pre-development activity fees, special speaker/event fees, award luncheons or dinner, meals/per diem for participant or tips for cabs or shared-rides (Lyft/Uber).
- The applicant must match the award with 25% of the total activity costs.
- Applications are due 50 calendar days prior to the start of the event.
Forms for Leadership Development Activity Applications
Evaluation and Reimbursement Forms
- Leadership Development Activity Evaluation/Reimbursement Instructions
- CE Grant Evaluation and Request for Reimbursement (online request form)
- Form W-9 (Fillable PDF) if ICfL does not have the library in the statewide vendor system
- Six Month CE Follow-Up Grant Report (online form)