Please see the 2018-2019 CE Grant Guide for more details on this grant.
The Library Science Course grant opportunity support the achievement of an MLS or other library certification which requires formal training. It cannot be used for non-library related courses or degrees. This grant support a library employee to attend university or college-level library science courses or other professional development opportunities such as an ALA-Accredited Masters Degree in Library Science, Education Media Generalist Endorsement, ALA’s Associate Library SUpport Staff Certification program, or professional development.
- Participants are limited to one grant per academic semester for up to 6 semesters.
- Grant awards per semester are for a minimum of $250 and a maximum of $1,000.
- Grant funds may be used for course tuition, registration, and books/materials fees.
- Grant funds may not be used for meal/per diem costs.
- The applicant must match the award with 25% of the total course costs.
- Applications are due 50 calendar days prior to the start of the course.
Forms for First Time Conference Grant Applications
Evaluation and Reimbursement Forms