We are excited to announce the opening of our 2023 Facilities and Capital Improvement grant. This competitive grant will fund facilities improvements and capital projects that expand or enhance a library’s facilities and ability to serve their community. This includes construction costs! Grant amounts will range from $5,000 to $500,000, and we welcome proposals for facilities improvement projects of all sizes.
Below are important next steps for those who are interested in applying. Full details about this grant can be found at https://libraries.idaho.gov/facilities-capital-improvements/#Grants.
- Review the grant website (including the FAQs) to make sure it’s a good fit for your project.
- Get an action item on the agenda for your next board meeting and get a signed letter of approval from your board.*
- Attend the information webinar on February 8 at 11am MST (link below).
- Submit a letter of intent by February 27 (form on website under “Application Forms”).
- The availability of funds is contingent upon legislative approval of the ICfL budget during the 2023 legislative session, which usually runs from January through March. Reach out to your state representatives and/or encourage your community members to reach out to express how important these funds would be for your community. If you’d like help with who to contact or what to say, let us know.
*The letter of intent form requires you to upload a signed letter of approval from your board, so make sure to get this on the agenda for your next board meeting! If the timing of your next board meeting is not compatible with the due date for the letter of intent, please reach out to us as soon as possible so we can discuss alternative options for meeting this requirement.
We will be hosting a webinar on February 8th to answer questions about the grant, the application process, and the letter of intent form. Event link for grantee webinar: https://libraries.idaho.gov/event/facilities-capital-improvement-grant-information-webinar.
You are welcome to contact me directly if you have any questions about this grant. We look forward to hearing from you!
Amelia Valasek, Partnerships and Programs Supervisor
Phone: (208) 639-4138