With a program theme of “Believe and Achieve,” registration for ICfL’s 2021 Idaho Family Reading Week (FRW) begins one week from today!
Visit the FRW page of our website and register your public or school library event (or perhaps a partnership event), starting on Sept. 15. (You can find a preview copy of the registration questions on the website today.)
The ICfL has themed resources to send to 100 libraries across Idaho and registration will be open until filled on a first-come, first served basis.
The following newly published, hardcover books about hard work, perseverance, problem-solving, and making a difference will be given to each of the 100 participating libraries for our “Believe and Achieve” themed program this year:
- The Oldest Student: How Mary Walker Learned to Read, by Rita Lorraine Hubbard and illustrated by Oge Mora
- How to Solve a Problem: The Rise (and Falls) of a Rock-Climbing Champion, by Ashima Shiraishi
- We Are Water Protectors, written by Carole Lindstrom and illustrated by Michaela Goade
- You Matter, by Christian Robinson
- Pura’s Cuentos: How Pura Belpré Reshaped Libraries with Her Stories, by Annette Bay Pimentel and illustrated by Magaly Morales
Some paperback books and printed student journals will also be provided to registered Idaho libraries for your FRW participants.
In addition, any Idaho library can download, print, and make use of the following themed FRW resources:
- “Believe and Achieve” student journals with related writing/drawing prompts – one for grades pre-K-3rd and one for grades 4th – 7th (preprinted journals will be available to request for the 100 registered libraries – art files will be on our website for independent library printing).
- A themed storytime outline.
- Recommended reading lists for parents or for library use to create checkout displays or bookmarks.
- Educator book guides for some themed books.
- Author talk info for Pura’s Cuentos (Hint: she lives and works in Idaho!).
- FRW-themed artwork/graphics/flyers/posters to advertise your events.
Check out all the resources on our website: https://libraries.idaho.gov/rtm/idaho-family-reading-week/
Questions? Contact Kristina Taylor at email@example.com