Please see the 2018-2019 CE Grant Guide for more details on this grant.
The First Time Conference Grant is designed to provide the opportunity for library staff to attend regional or national library conferences for the first time which fulfill an identified professional development need for the participant and their role in the library.
- Participants are limited to one First Time Conference Grant during each State Fiscal Year (July-June).
- It must be the participant’s first time attending the conference.
- The conference must be at least 50 miles away from the participant’s library.
- Grant awards are for a minimum of $250 and a maximum of $900.
- Grant funds may be used for registration, lodgin, airfare or mileage, airport shuttle/parking, airline baggage fees (1 bag each way), and public transportation.
- Grant funds may not be used for pre-conference fees, special speaker/event fees, award lunches or dinners, meals/per diem for the participant.
- Applications are due 50 calendar days prior to the start of the conference.
Forms for First Time Conference Grant Applications
Evaluation and Reimbursement Forms
- 1st Time Conference Grant Evaluation/Reimbursement Instructions
- CE Grant Evaluation and Request for Reimbursement (online request form)
- Form W-9 (Fillable PDF) if ICfL does not have the library in the statewide vendor system
- Six Month CE Follow-Up Grant Report (online form)