An annual statewide celebration of family reading.
If your publicly-funded school or public library is holding at least one event celebrating family, literacy, and community during the month of November for Idaho Family Reading Week, you may register to receive paperback books and additional literacy resources for the children and families you serve.
This year is all about folktales, fables and family story telling.
Participating libraries will receive:
- Paperback folktale books for the children and families you serve
- 5-6 hardcover multicultural folktale books for your organization
- Access to the additional program resources, such as promotional posters, storytime outlines, parent & teacher resources, booklists/bookmarks, and activity ideas, will be available on this webpage in early September for all libraries.
By applying for the Idaho Family Reading Week program, the library agrees to:
- host at least 1 family reading event by November 30, 2017 (event does NOT have to be Nov 12-18 only)
- post at least 1 event photo to library or ICfL social media
- submit a summary event report including numbers served, narrative responses and program/resource feedback by December 15, 2017 – find summary form here: https://tinyurl.com/frw-summary
Questions? Contact Read To Me Project Coordinator, Kristina Taylor