Every Child Ready to Read Family Workshop is a series of three 45-minute sessions that involve young children and their parents in learning about early literacy practices that help prepare children to be successful in school. Early literacy practices are highlighted and parents have a chance to practice them with their child. Fun interactive activities, practical tips, and resources are shared during each session. Materials for families and your library are available from the Read to Me program at no cost to your publicly-funded Idaho library. Workshop scripts in English and Spanish are provided.
Libraries agree to each of the following:
- To host a series of 3 family workshops. Workshops should loosely follow the ECRTR scripts.
- To request supplies 3 weeks before first workshop
- To have each family complete a survey and return these to ICfL no later than two weeks after the final workshop
- To complete an online report summary no later than two weeks after the final workshop
Libraries will receive the following items to support their workshops:
- 1 music CD to give away for each family in attendance
- 1 book to give away for each family in attendance
- 1 set of magnetic letters to give away for each family in attendance
- ICfL literacy support materials to use as resources – as requested here
Current participating libraries can scheduled their ECRR workshops to be held anytime between September 2018 – May 2019.
Applications for the 2018-2019 program year are now closed. (Deadline to apply is typically May 31st each year.)