Time to register for Summer Summit 2023!
Before clicking through to register, please read on; registration is a bit different this year.
We are excited to host Summer Summit 23, and look forward to seeing some of Idaho’s fabulous school librarians in Boise this summer!
- Summer Summit will take place on July 18 and 19 at the Idaho State Museum.
- Participants will receive information through email which will include some preparation activities that should be addressed before school is dismissed for the summer.
- CE credit will be available through Northwest Nazarene University for $60.
- In-person participants must attend July 18 to be eligible to attend July 19.
- The cost of the conference, materials, travel, and lodging will be covered for those traveling more than 50 miles one way to the conference. For those within the 50 mile limit, the cost of the conference and materials are covered.
- Summer Summit for virtual participants will take place on July 18 only.
- Upon registering for Virtual Summer Summit, participants will receive information about how to prepare and participate after the register.
- To get the most out of Summer Summit, participants should be sure to use a good camera and headset. If those items aren’t available to you, please apply for a Virtual Conference Kit.
- Please be sure to include the best shipping address for the summer months so Summer Summit materials will reach you, wherever you may be. If you don’t have access to the school building during the summer, please do not use the school address.
- Summer Summit in-person participants who would like to learn more about starting and managing an IBOB program are invited to IBOB Bootcamp on July 20 at ICfL.
- Details and a link to sign up for this part-day event will be included in the event information sent to Summer Summit registrants.
- Idaho Battle of the Books is not an ICfL program, but a partner non-profit organization.
July 18, 2023:
Networking Breakfast and Registration
|Luis Granados, Executive Director of Breaking Chains Academy|
|Core Collection and Novelist demonstration|
|State of the State: Library edition and legislative update|
|The Beauty of Data: collecting statistics|
|Lunchtime in the Library|
|4:30pm MDT/ 3:30pm PDT||Wrap up and Close of Day.|
Close of Conference for Virtual Attendees
July 19, 2023
|7:30am MDT||Staff available for troubleshooting and lab|
|8:00am MDT||Networking breakfast and sign-in|
|8:30am MDT||Welcome to Day 2: agenda review & introductions|
|Hear from the Experts: Applications of VR in education and career training.|
|Tours of the Museum|
Conversations with content experts, school experts, and peers.
|12:00noon MDT||Networking Lunch with time to chat with VR experts|
|1:00pm MDT||STEM Forged led session on facilitating, leading, and building VR experiences for students and faculty.|
|Group discussion on the implications of VR in schools.|
|Closing message from State Librarian|
|4:30pm||Wrap up activities|
|By 5:00pm||Close Summer Summit 2023|
Looking forward to seeing you all in July!