Project Overview: The project is designed to support the creation of Makerspaces in Idaho libraries and encourage the delivery of library services to digital users “where they live.” The Commission will provide the necessary materials and trainings to implement creative, STEAM-based programming for all ages. The project will :
Applications are now CLOSED for the Make It at the Library 2021 Program. We are excited so many libraries are interested in participating in this new model for Make It training! If you submitted an application on behalf of your library, we’ll be reaching out to you with details in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned!
The 2021 Make It program will be all online and still have the quality content and networking opportunities you’ve come to appreciate. Thanks to the Idaho STEM Action Center, there are enough funds to offer $1,000 and a fun filled swag box to the first 45 libraries that sign up and agree to complete the learning modules. To qualify for the funds, your library is required to:
- Be compliant with the Idaho Commission for Libraries’ grant eligibility requirements – IDAPA 30.01.01. The Make It at the Library program is open to all publicly funded school, public, tribal, academic, and special libraries in Idaho
- Have each participating staff member complete all 5 Make It online learning modules (approximately 16 hours of learning and activities):
– 360 camera
– AR/VR (Augmented and Virtual Reality)
– Cutting machines (Cricut and Silhouette)
– Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Participate in online chats related to the modules
- Participate in discussions on a listserv
- Create a program plan outlining how the library will use the $1,000. Before receiving the funds, libraries will have a consultation with ICfL staff to make sure their plan is in place, and agrees to the terms and conditions.
- Complete one end-of-program summary report in August 2021 that includes copies of receipts showing how $1,000 was spent
Timeline and Obligations
- January 17, 2021 – Registration closes at 5pm MST, or when 45 libraries have signed up
- February 19, 2021 – Participants will have completed three of the five modules: 360 Cameras, AR/VR, Cutting machines, Zines!, and Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- March 31, 2021 – Participants will have completed all modules and learning assessments, and submitted the required program plan
- April 2021 – Libraries successfully meeting obligations will be awarded funds
- August 31, 2021 – Your final report is due. All receipts must be kept and uploaded with your final report
- Participating library staff will also be added to a makerspace listserv where participants can share ideas and knowledge, ask questions, and chat about what they are learning in the modules
Until then, keep on making!
Deana & The Make It at the Library Team