Idaho Code 33-5603, the Education Opportunity Resource Act, created the Education Opportunity Resource Committee (EORC) to advise the State Department of Education (SDE) on the broadband and related service needs of all E-rate eligible entities.
The EORC is responsible for budget and policy recommendations to SDE regarding broadband service and established the methodology for broadband reimbursement.
Per Idaho Code 33-5603, the committee is comprised of 8 members of various state educational entities. They are as follows:
- Designee of state superintendent of public instruction – Daniel Vogt, Broadband Program Coordinator for State Department of Education
- Appointed by state board of education – Chris Campbell, Chief Technology Officer of Idaho State Board of Education
- Three members appointed by Idaho association of school administrators:
- Superintendent of school district with fewer than 1,000 students – Dave Carsen, Hansen SD
- Superintendent of school district with between 1,000 students and 4,999 students – Dale Layne, Jerome SD
- Superintendent of school district with 5,000 students or greater – Scott Wolstenhulme, Bonneville SD
- State librarian: Stephanie Bailey-White
- Two members appointed by the Idaho Education Technology Association (IETA)
- Seth Deniston, Coeur d’Alene SD
- Destry Jones, Firth SD