As of today, the 3rd year of the Welcoming Libraries Grant is open for applications.
Who: Idaho public and school libraries can apply – (Yes, you can apply even if your library has received a WL grant in the past.)
For: Library improvements, training, materials, and activities which improve equity, diversity and inclusion in Idaho libraries and better serve the community’s underserved groups of children.
What: ICfL will award up to 10 grants of $1,000 each to the Idaho public and school library applicants with the highest grant application scores received for addressing the stated grant goals.
Why: The WLG goals are…
- To increase school and public libraries’ understanding of the specific communities they serve, gaps in their services, and how the library can help address these gaps.
- To increase the amount of equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) resources a school or public library has available and ensures they are easily accessible.
- To help library patrons find library resources that both reflect their experiences (mirrors) and that teach them about those who are different from themselves (windows).
- To support school and public library staff as they work to make their library spaces more welcoming and accessible to all.
- To better serve underserved children with diverse, equitable and inclusive books, programming, and resources.
When: Apply between Nov 1 – Nov 30; Receive award notification – by Dec 15; Implement the grant from Jan 1 – April 30
Learn more by visiting the Welcoming Libraries Grant home page: https://libraries.idaho.gov/rtm/welcoming-libraries-grant/
Questions? Contact Youth Services Project Coordinator Kristina Taylor by email or phone – (208) 639-4136.