Idaho Commission for LibrariesAddress: 325 W State St., Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 334-2150 | In-State Toll Free: (800) 458-3271
Printed from the Idaho Commission for Libraries website: http://libraries.idaho.gov
STEAM stands for "Science Technology Engineering Arts, and Math." The acronym is used to refer to those areas of study which are encompassed by a wide range of sciences. The last decade has seen an increase in STEAM education and programming at all levels.
Learn about Hosting Fun with Math & Science Family Workshops here.
STEAM Learning Resources
Below are a list of resources focused on children ages three to five years of age. If you are interested in resources targeting older students, please refer to the bottom of the page.
Parents can explore fun and educational sites with their child using the Fun with Math and Science Gameboard we created. Every click of the mouse takes them to a different science experiment, math game, puzzle, and more. We have gathered together some of the best kid sites on the web and made a fun game out of exploring them all.
- Simply STEM Wiki - filled with complete program plans
- STEM Games
- Ice, Ice Baby
- Playing with Data
- Playing with Measurement
- Playing with Number Sense
- Playing with Patterns
- Playing with Shapes
- Dot Pattern Cards
- Dot Card Activities
- Counting in the Cup Activity
- Missing Parts Cards
- Missing Parts Activities
- Gingerbread Activities - North Bingham County District Library
- Kindergarten Science Projects
- Hooked On Science website - Science Games
- STEAM Websites-Library
- STEAM Websites-Families
- Wilsonville Public Library: Summer Science @ your library
All About iPads and Apps
- iPad STEM Applications-Bilingual
- iPad STEM Applications-Free
- iPad STEM Applications-Low-cost
- iPad STEM Applications Review website
- IPad STEM Applications Review website
- Free Library Blog - List of apps from the Free Library of Philadelphia
Articles, Reports, Blogs, and more
- Early Childhood Investigations - FREE Webinars for early childhood educators
- Idaho STEM Resources
- Discover STEM activities in Idaho- field trips, presenters, classes, etc.
- Reading Rockets-Literacy in the Sciences: Extensive list of resources
- Lego Club at the Boise Public Library-Hillcrest Branch, by Jennifer Redford
Resources for children ages six to ten years:
- Design Squad Nation - A PBS site that introduces kids to engineering by
offering STEM-related videos and a community for kids/tweens to get inspired and
share creative ideas. They also have a Parents and Educators section with STEM
guides, lessons, and classroom-ready resources.
- STEM Booklist
- STEAM Multicultural Booklist from RIF
- Idaho SySTEMic Solution Lesson Plans - extensive lesson plans available for grades K through five focusing on STEM topics.
- First Grade Science Projects
- Second Grade Science Projects
- Third Grade Science Projects
- STEM Resources - Courtesy of Tennessee Department of Education