Are you interested in talking to and connecting with other Idaho library staff and trustees on specific topics? Participate in LITT, or Libraries in Idaho Talking Trends, for regular virtual conversations with members of the Idaho library community. Idaho Commission for Libraries (ICfL) staff facilitate a dialog on topics relevant to your work. Idaho library workers wear a LOT of hats. LITT chats are a chance to wear just one hat and focus on a specific topic, like collection development or teen services.
Two Ways to Connect:
- Gather for a one-hour conversation via Zoom at least once every three months. The discussion will be facilitated by an ICfL staff member and will focus on a specific topic within a general subject area, like e-books during a collection development chat, or summer reading during an early learning chat.
- Everyone can attend any (or all!) LITT chats that grab their interest. Although an ICfL staff member facilitates each LITT session, the participants drive the conversation.
- The chats are not recorded, and general notes will be sent out via email and available on the LITT subject pages (see below).
For a list of upcoming LITT sessions, see the list of LITT events on this page or visit our Upcoming Events page. For suggestions and questions concerning LITT, please contact Jennifer Redford.
- LITT Listervs are a way for Idaho library staff to build community, share resources, and keep the conversation going between chats.
- Check out the Listserv expectations and guidelines here.
- Sign up for specific Listservs on the LITT subject pages (below). Note: not every LITT subject will have a Listserv.
- NOTE: when you sign up for a Listserv, you will automatically be added to the general ICfL Listserv and will receive notifications about ICfL programs and events.
LITT Subject Pages