Idaho Commission for LibrariesAddress: 325 W State St., Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 334-2150 | In-State Toll Free: (800) 458-3271
Printed from the Idaho Commission for Libraries website: http://libraries.idaho.gov
Summer STEM from Your Library: Micro-grants
The Idaho STEM Action Center has provided the Idaho Commission for
Libraries (ICfL) with funding to award up to 20 public and/or school
libraries $500 each to help pay for presentors or materials to support
Summer STEM outreach efforts. ICfL will also help provide STEM-related
give-away books for program participants of funded libraries. The 2017 Summer
STEM from Your Library has three primary goals:
- Increase access to fun, engaging, hands-on STEM activities and books for
underserved youth at summer nutrition sites or low-income schools;
- Increase the number of youth who explore STEM resources over the summer months;
- Increase the number of youth who minimize the "Summer Slide."
Applying school and public libraries must agree to the following requirements:
- Grantee shall implement grant activities between June 1 - August 31, 2017;
- Grantee shall offer Summer STEM from Your Library activities for a minimum of 1 hr per week, for at least 5 weeks this summer;
- Grantee shall survey a sampling of youth and parent participants of the library's Summer STEM from Your Library outreach program during the last 2 weeks of programming. (A standard survey will be provided to grantee by ICfL);
- Grantee shall submit at least one photo (with signed ICfL photo releases; forms provided by ICfL) of participating youth engaged in STEM activities;
- Grantee shall provide a count of the number of participating youth engaged in Summer STEM from Your Library outreach activities;
- Grantee shall complete a short summary report on how the STEM resources provided by this grant enhanced the library's summer STEM outreach efforts by September 15, 2017;
- Grantee shall expend all grant funds, on allowable grant expenses as outlined in section IV, by September 15, 2017.
Applications are open until May 5, 2017. Apply here.
These funds are available to all Idaho publicly-funded school and public libraries.
For more information, contact Tammy Hawley-House