Do you love working with kids, being outdoors in the summer, and all things related to STEM? If so, this temporary summer position might be perfect for you!
The Idaho Commission for Libraries (ICfL) is seeking two energetic educators who can help implement hands-on STEM activities to coincide with the 2017 Literacy in the Park and Idaho Foodbank’s Picnic in the Park program. From approximately June 12 – August 4, you will be taking Summer STEM from Your Library activities to different Treasure Valley parks Monday – Friday to introduce STEM activities to youth who may have barriers getting to libraries in the summer. This position will require you to read aloud to groups of children, engage in a variety of age-appropriate activities, distribute books, and collect data and information for the program. This position will also serve as a substitute for the Libraries in the Park program if needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, liability insurance, and a reliable vehicle that you’ll be using each day
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs at one time.
- Must have a love of STEM and working with youth.
- Must be flexible and have some experience working with youth in a group setting.
- Must be able to pass a state background check.
- Must have the ability to conduct programs in Idaho’s hot summer temps.
STEM education and/or library backgrounds and bilingual abilities are a plus.
Additional Information: ICfL will be contracting with two individuals for up to 15 hours per week at $18 per hour. The person needs to commit to this for the entire program period and will require use of personal vehicle to provide service delivery at multiple locations with mileage reimbursed.
Ready to Apply? Applicants are asked to submit a resume and 200 word essay on why they’d like to be considered for this position to Tammy Hawley-House firstname.lastname@example.org by May 12, 2017. Interviews will follow for those most qualified.