The MOSS Meetup: Taking Higher Education to a Higher Elevation event is moving online! It was to be held at the McCall Outdoor Science School (MOSS). The event will be July 30, 2020.
The new Virtual MOSS Meetup will be a half-day online gathering designed for library staff from Idaho’s colleges and universities, school libraries, and MLS/MLIS students interested in a career in academic libraries.
The Meetup will be an opportunity to exchange ideas and discover a variety of perspectives, discuss shared problems and brainstorm solutions, and develop new ideas to bring back to your libraries.
We are still planning and finalizing this event, so look for a detailed agenda soon. Registration for this event is free. Potential agenda items include:
- Budgeting in a crisis – planning for an unknown future
- Serving students during a pandemic – creative ideas
- Textbook affordability – Open Educational Resources, what’s working and how we can advance this movement statewide
- Information literacy – an opportunity to hear perspectives from secondary school library workers and academic librarians on this important issue
- Poster sessions and lightening talks on relevant topics
- Virtual networking opportunities
Not sure what equipment is needed to participate in this virtual event and if you have it? Contact email@example.com with any questions. Click this link to register. Registration is open until July 24.
Special thanks to our friends at the University of Idaho Library for arranging the use of the McCall Outdoor Science School for this event! Although this year’s event has moved online, we are hopeful that we can utilize the MOSS Center in the future to have a meetup in person.