Do you enjoy reading the Curiosity Report? Do you see change as an opportunity to learn and grow? Do you find yourself going with the flow when things don’t go as planned? Great, you should apply to be one of three (3) new SPLAT members!
What is SPLAT?
The Special Projects Library Action Team (SPLAT), sponsored by the Idaho Commission for Libraries (ICfL) and funded in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), explores the ever-evolving library world and supports library folks as they adapt to meet the needs of their communities. We are currently soliciting applications from individuals working in the Idaho library community to serve a three-year term on SPLAT.
What are the criteria to volunteer to serve?
- Employed by a publicly-funded library in Idaho.
- Willing to provide time to research trends and innovations in library services, as well as share that knowledge with the Idaho library community through a variety of venues.
- Have the support and approval of your supervisor, library, and/or Board of Directors.
- Complete the online application by March 21, 2022
- Ability to meet virtually once a month for one hour, and (down the road) face-to-face 2-3 times during the year (ICfL will reimburse travel costs).
- Demonstrate a passion for librarianship, innovation, and change.
- View librarianship from a statewide perspective – the 25,000 foot level!
The SPLAT team is composed of a diverse group of Idaho library staff that seek to have representation from all geographic areas, all types of libraries, all sizes of libraries, and individuals in differing stages of their careers. These varied perspectives strengthen the group by enabling members to address a multitude of needs that are found within our library communities.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Deana Brown by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-639-4167 or 1-800-458-3271.