Fun with Math & Science is a Read to Me program offered to publicly-funded Idaho public libraries. This STEAM program is targeted to preschool-aged children and their caregivers. An application process is used for participation. Workshops are STEAM-based and tailored to fit each host library’s need. Examples might include: a one time theme-based family program, a series of storytime-like programs, or a drop in program with STEAM stations.
Libraries agree to each of the following:
- To host a series of 2 family workshops
- To request supplies 3 weeks before first workshop
- To have each family complete a survey and return these to ICfL no later than two weeks after each workshop
- To complete an online report summary no later than two weeks after each workshop
Libraries will receive the following items to support their workshops:
- Hardcover non-fiction books
- STEAM Materials and Kits
- A science experiement book – give away copies for each family in attendance
- ICfL support materials (activity books, online game, etc.)
Libraries can schedule their FMS workshops to be held anytime between September 2018 – May 2019.
Applications for 2018-2019 program year are now closed.
(Deadline to apply each year is May 31st.)