Idaho Commission for LibrariesAddress: 325 W State St., Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 334-2150 | In-State Toll Free: (800) 458-3271
Printed from the Idaho Commission for Libraries website: http://libraries.idaho.gov
The free, online Supplemental Alternative Basic Library Education (SABLE) program provides additional resources in library knowledge and skills for staff members who have no formal education in library science. This program is a supplement to the ABLE courses. The SABLE program is not designed to replace university level training in library science and no college credit is offered. At the end of each course you will be asked to complete a final course survey. Upon completion of the survey you will be prompted to print a personalized Certificate of Completion which will serve as documentation for completion of the course. These Certificates of Completion are the only documentation available for completion of this series.Competencies supported by the SABLE courses.
Youth Services Sequence
The content for the Youth Services Sequence is an interactive learning module divided into individual sections. As you complete each section, you will be asked to open the next section. After completing the final quiz in the last section, you will be prompted to complete a short survey which will provide access to a fillable/printable "Certificate of Completion" for your continuing education records. This is the only documentation available for completing the Youth Services Sequence.
Early Childhood Services (3 contact hours)
- Section 1. Introduction
- Section 2. Developmental Information
- Section 3. The Collection
- Section 4. Programming and Services
- Section 5. Parent/Child Care Provider Support
- Section 6. Partnerships and Outreach
Library Services for Children, Ages 6-12 (3 contact hours)
- Section 1. Developmental Information
- Section 2. Collection Development
- Section 3. Services and Programming
- Section 4. Outreach
Young Adult (YA) Services (2 contact hours) - NEW!!!
- Section 1: Developmental Information
- Section 2: The Collection
- Section 3: Services and Programs
- Section 4: Outreach
- You may also wish to see the list of ABLE courses.
- Click here for a list of states which accept these courses for their continuing education programs.
- Questions or comments may be directed to the Idaho Commission for Libraries' Continuing Education Consultant at (208) 334-2150 or e-mail Shirley Biladeau.
This project is funded in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.