Sharing early literacy practices, such as Every Child Ready to Read’s five early literacy practices (“Sing, Talk, Read, Write, Play”), Jump Start Kindergarten is an outreach activity that connects library staff with parents/caregivers of young children and emphasizes daily activities that will help children learn to read. Primarily designed for public library staff to conduct outreach activities in their local elementary schools during Kindergarten Registration events, this program also helps parents/caregivers understand all the resources public libraries can provide to assist with school readiness and connects them with these resources through library card sign-up/promotion.
The Idaho Commission for Libraries (ICfL) provides materials and resources which help enhance the outreach events and activities conducted by public libraries (and their school library partners) during Kindergarten Registration events across the state.
- What’s the purpose? See Program Objectives
- Who can apply? See Program Eligibility
- How does it work? See Program Details & Requirements
- What materials are provided? See Program Dates & Resources
- What schools are already being served? See weekly upload of Applicant List
Who’s already applied this year?
- Find out what schools are already being served by which public libraries this year (See 2019 Applicant List)
What did you request last year?
- Find out what which schools you served last year and how many supplies you requested (See 2018 Applicant List)